Pages

Monday, April 18

Baltimore Museum of Art: Photography Exhibit

I went to the BMA this past weekend and saw an excellent photography exhibit called Seeing Now: Photography Since 1960. Among my favorite photographs in the exhibit were several from a series called Women are Beautiful by photographer Gary Winogrand.

Another great series of photographs that I especially liked, was a series of water towers by Bernd & Hilla Becher. I had my sketchbook with me and quickly drew each tower. It was a great exercise for me; forcing my eye to really slow down and "see" the photographs. It also reminded me of a water tower I use to pass when I lived in Utrecht, Netherlands. Here are my interpretation of some of the towers. I love industrial buildings and breaking them down into their most basic geometric forms.


No comments: